The Doggery brings the heat tonight at 8 with local vibe-patrollers Push & Turn supplying uplifting reggae, funk, and rock tunes. If you’ve somehow missed seeing them over the years, the band’s Reverbnation page has enough material to get you caught up.
Before you catch Push & Turn, get caffeinated at Cafe Steam on Thursday, when they host C4’s Open Mic night. The open stage starts at 7:30 p.m. and concludes around 10:30 p.m. Anything goes, including poetry, comedy, music, and interpretive dance.
County artist Adam Wayne and a crew of his friends are taking over the American Legion on Friday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. You can check out Wayne’s tunes at reverbnation.com/adamwayne, including the video for his single, “Down Every Road There’s a Rodeo.”
Blackout hits the North Star Bar at 8 p.m. Friday with a songbook containing cuts like “Shine” by Collective Soul, “Killing In the Name Of” by Rage Against the Machine, “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer, and “Drive” by Incubus. For a full list, head over to blackoutbandrocks.com.
Kathy’s gives you two for one on Friday night, with an upstairs Last Friday EDM party featuring a trio of DJs. Inztramental, Karma, and Nexus start spinning at 9 p.m., while downstairs, the Listings play some bluesy Americana. The band lists acts like John Lee Hooker, Bob Dylan, and the Lumineers among their influences. Check them out at facebook.com/thelistingsrochestermn.
On Saturday, Minneapolis-based “jazzgrass” band the Galactic Cowboy Orchestra hits the Rochester Civic Theatre at 7 p.m. They’ve been compared to acts like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, King Crimson, and Dixie Dregs. Tickets are $17.50 in advance and $22 at the door.
Acoustic pop cover band The Deep End comes to Kathy’s Pub on Saturday night starting at 10. Their acoustified versions of jams like Pharrell’s “Happy” and Drake’s “Hold On” have been garnering new fans with each show lately, so show up expecting to be smitten. For an idea of what to expect, point your browser to thedeepend.band.
On Sunday, the D’Sievers host a jazz open mic at the Rochester Civic Theatre. Bring an instrument or some warmed-up vocal chords and get ready to jam. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Finally, local grunge band Second Story is gearing up for the release of a new EP on March 12. They shot a music video for one of the yet-to-be-released cuts on Saturday night, you can check out some behind the scenes shots.
• Amanda Grace comes through the Blooming Grounds Coffee House in Winona on Friday night from 7 until 9.
• The D’Sievers hit Kinney Creek’s taproom on Friday night starting at 7.
• Joel Ward’s Theraputic Thursdays are still going strong at Forager Brewery every Monday night starting at 8, and on Tuesday night, Thomas & The Rain play from 8 until 11.
• Fernando Ufret gets his pop and rock on at the Canadian Honker on Friday and Saturday nights starting at 7:30.
• Rhino hits the North Star Bar on Saturday night starting at 8.
• Christ United Methodist Church plays host to a latin jazz session on Saturday night starting at 7:30.